Countdown to New Year's!
New Year's Eve is officially upon us, so it’s time to get your party hosting game-face on. Everyone knows the best part of a holiday party are the festive cocktails that taste as good as they look. Here are a few of our favorites to help you and your guests ring in 2020. Cheers!
Cranberry Gin Fizz
- 2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz. cranberry syrup
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. elder flower liquor
- Club soda
- Fresh cranberries, to garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, to garnish
- Combine gin, cranberry syrup, fresh lemon juice, elder flower liquor, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until chilled; strain into 2 glasses.
- Top with ice and club soda. Garnish each drink with fresh cranberries and 1 sprig fresh thyme.
Eggnog White Russian
How Sweet Eats
- 2 ounces coffee liqueur, like Kahlua
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces eggnog
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg, for topping
- Fill a glass with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake the vodka and coffee liqueur together for 20 seconds. Pour over the crushed ice. Pour the eggnog over top and stir. Top with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and serve!
Holiday Moscow Mule
- 3-4 rosemary needles
- Small pinch of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Sugar-coated cranberries, for garnish
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, lightly muddle together herbs and sugar. Top with vodka and cranberry juice and shake with ice.
- Strain into a copper cocktail mug and fill with ice and ginger beer. Garnish with cranberries dusted with sugar and fresh herbs.
How Sweet Eats
- Coarse salt for the rim
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 2 ounces white cranberry juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (½ cup water ½ cup sugar)
- Lime for garnish
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Rosemary for garnish
- Rim each glass with a lime wedge and dip in the coarse salt. Fill each glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the Grand Marnier, tequila, cranberry juice, lime juice and syrup and shake for 30 to 60 seconds. Pour over the ice. Garnish with extra limes and fresh cranberries.Throw in a sprig of rosemary if you wish!
Leave a comment