Glitter, Sparkle and Shine!
Looking to add a little extra dazzle to your baking and decorating? Wilton Sparkling Sugar is a must-have for your pantry. This coarse-grained sugar is the perfect topping - large enough that it won’t melt and disappear as it bakes, yet not intrusively coarse.
This bright, glittery, white sugar adds a sweet crunch and sparkle to everything from cookies and scones to muffins, cake, sweet breads, and pie crust. If you’re a passionate baker, you absolutely need this sugar! The white color is perfect and pairs well with every sweet treat.
We love a fresh blueberry muffin especially when it has a little extra sparkle on top. This holiday weekend, treat yourself and your family to jumbo blueberry muffins perfectly finished with our favorite sparkling sugar!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola, vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Wilton White Sparkling Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray your muffin tin of choice with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined - a 20 second toss to disperse everything together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla. Mixture will be pale and yellow. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. Avoid over mixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be very thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of Wilton White Sparkling Sugar. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes until tops are lightly golden and centers appear set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before enjoying.
If this sparkling sugar is right up your alley, you’ll love the rest of Waylynn Lucas’s CrateChef box. She included some of her favorite ingredients, pantry staples, and recipes. Check out our subscription and gift options and order yours today!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.