A Bold Blend
Happy Friday! We’re continuing to highlight products from Tieghan Gerard’s CrateChef box on the blog. Next up: Lundberg Wild Blend Rice. Long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, wild rice, Wehani red rice and black rice - Oh my! Color, texture, aroma, and flavor all come together wonderfully in this rice blend. No wonder it’s one of Tieghan’s picks for her box.All of the rice from the Lundberg Family Farms is domestically grown, certified organic, and grown with a concern for the environment. Wild Blend is a delicious blend of fast-cooking hearty and healthy rice in easily re-sealable packaging; Perfect for quick, healthy meals. It’s versatile and an amazing pair with hearty meals, seafood dishes, or even just to eat by itself. Be sure to try Tieghan’s hearty and comforting Herby Buttered Mushrooms and Wild Rice. This one pot dish comes together easily with pantry staples and will become one of your go-to’s. You can find this recipe in Tieghan’s NYT’s best selling book Super Simple. (Also included in her CrateChef box!)Need more inspiration? How about a Wild Blend Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, and Spinach? Check out this recipe from Lundberg.com:Wild Blend Rice PilafIngredients
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large shallots, diced (about 1¼ cup)
- 1¾ cups low sodium, low fat chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⅓ cups Lundberg Family Farms Organic Wild Blend® Rice
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 cup spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Garnish with ¼ cup each: toasted walnuts, feta or bleu cheese
You should also try the Wild Summer Salad and the Wild Blend with Apples and Butternut Squash. This rice offers seasonal meals all year long! Check out Lundberg Wild Blend Rice and more of Tieghan Gerard’s kitchen favorites in our newest CrateChef box!
- Heat olive oil and diced shallots in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook shallots about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Lundberg Wild Blend Rice and oregano.
- Add chicken broth and apple juice, bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, and raisins; steam, with the lid on, for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts and feta cheese, if desired.
Leave a comment